[TenTec] RX-320 Software

Chuck Rippel WA4HHG at R390A.com
Mon Jul 26 14:18:01 EDT 2004

I have been a big supporter of the RX-320 receiver for some years.  Its
probably one of the best kept secrets in the radio hobby.  Did most of the
review in Passport to World Band Radio a few years ago.   For an LF receiver,
after a simple coil change that does not affect the HF portion, there are few
that can compare.  I believe Ten Tec made the coil change standard in the new
"D" model.  There is a good deal of information on AMRAD's www site:

http://www.amrad.org/projects/lf/

The factory control software is good but there is one which taps the full
capabilities of the receiver.  The best software, IMHO is RX320 controller
written by Clifton Turner, KF5OJ.   It takes advantage of everything this $329
receiver can offer.

Clifton had stopped writing the software at version 1.17c.  I am happy to say
that he is now "back at it" and has 1.17e released.  The Control and Database
software can be found at:

http://www.kf5oj.com

Best of all, its free.

That said, if you decide to use it, $20 or whatever you think is fair to
Clifton would be encouraging for him.

Best,
Chuck, WA4HHG