[TenTec] omni d problem

Gary L. Ingersoll wb8icu at juno.com
Thu Jul 29 18:59:01 EDT 2004

I have an omni d with a weird problem.  The rig keys up every time the cw position is brought up with the mode switch.  No ground showing up on the t/r  line to explain this.  Also, when turned to the lock position, which SHOULD  key it up, nothing happens.  I am reading about 13 volts on the    T line all th time, tx or rx.  I'm having a hard time following the schematic, since so many things tie together.  Also, all the voltage readings are wrong on the control board.  Since Ten Tec doesnt give me much idea of the inputs expected, I can't tell where to start.