[TenTec] Heil ProSet adapter with Orion -- hum

RM royalct at inr.net
Thu Jun 24 06:34:27 EDT 2004

See my previous post on this subject.  I solved my RFI induced audio
problems with my Heil mics by tying the Heil's shield ground to both the
audio ground and to the Chassis grouns

Yep, the schematic is what it is.  So is my Icom 775DSP rig, it's chassis
ground is not tied to the audio ground.  I had severe audio problems on 15
and 10 meters.  All RFI induced audio/Heil Mic problems went away when I
tied the Heil's shield to both the audio and chassis ground.

Now both my Orion and 775DSP no longer have audio problems with my heil
mics.....get great audio reports.

Ron .... NU1U