[TenTec] ARRL Icom 7800 Review Published

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Sat Jun 26 14:52:29 EDT 2004

> I personally hope that the IC-7800 performs well for its intended use
> and audience.

The biggest problem I see is that there may be a rust problem..  the
various QST reviewers did a lot of slobbering and drooling all over the
thing :-)

> The only thing that bothers me, is what Icom did to the IC-756
> following. (IC-756, 756Pro and then the 756Proll) You would think that
> Icom users would have learned their lesson the first time around.

We've joked around around that, but I really think it's unlikely at this level.
For example there was never a 781-II.  And at some point, they will begin
delivering firmware enhancements to keep things going.

I'd certainly like one on the desk, but I'd have to file for divorce first, and
then I probably wouldn't have enough left after that :-)

Grant.NQ5T