[TenTec] Orion & SSB QRM question

nq5t at comcast.net nq5t at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 01:31:29 EST 2004

Another approach that I think would also be useful, would be a way to simply assign an optional default function to MULTI.  If nothing else were specifically selected, then MULTI would revert to the assigned default rather than be non-functional.  That could be used to get THRESHOLD out to a front panel control that's always available.

I also like the idea that has been suggested to put AGC settings in the SCOPE space on the screen when SCOPE is turned off.  Combined with reading the parameters set by a default on MULTI, it could be very useful.

There may be a few other controls that it would be handy to have available without menu navigation.  DSP taps comes to mind, or even possibly MODE and STEP.  Probably others, such as some settings for the alternate VFO/RX.  Haven't thought it through very far.

Nice thing about a software defined control platform is that there's lots of room to dream up more stuff.  Getting it, of course, is another question entirely :-)

Grant/NQ5T