[TenTec] RE: Please take me off the server (Zona Alarm)

Tom North tomnorth at airmail.net
Tue Mar 2 07:04:00 EST 2004

Pete, AC5E wrote:
"You will get tired of the warnings after a while"

Would like to add two things about Zone Alarm here:
- ZA 'learns' your sys while it configures itself. Prompts will come up to
the effect of "Do you want your computer to access the internet/intranet . .
.". Initially there will be a lot of these, and they will usually be
referenced to apps that you may recognize. Check 'Yes', and be sure to also
check 'Remember my answer'; this will set the app in memory for future
reference. If in question about the app, click Help/More Info.
- The alerts and warnings about intrusions can be turned off by
double-clicking the ZA icon in the systray, go to  Alerts & Logs>Main, and
select 'Off' for the alert option. This is for the freeware version, full is
similar.

ZA works.

GL & 73,

Tom  N5OZQ