[TenTec] guide to adjusting Orion receiver; filters and performance

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Tue Mar 2 15:59:44 EST 2004

Oops,  I believe I know where at least 3 dB of
signal has gone!  My antenna connection to
the RX-340 on which I measure the reported
noise signals comes from the input to the
Orion Sub rcvr.  So,  there is a 3 dB signal
sharing between the 340 and the Orion sub
rcvr, I believe.  Howver, the Orion sub rcvr was
at the time sitting on the 20 meter band,  so guess
I don't know exactly how the 40 meter noise signal
power was divided.

Maybe Carl,  N4PY,  can comment on this as I used
his instructions to make this connection.  With his
software,  the RX-340 operates as the Sub rcvr
during split frequecny DX operations.  The dividing
of the input signal voltage between the two input
circuits using Carl's method has been discussed
here before,  but I did not save the posts,  unfortunately.

73,  Jim  KH7M