[TenTec] Re: SGC tuners with Jupiter, Vol 15, Issue 10

Allan Henry Kaplan w1ael at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 4 12:51:18 EST 2004

Dick, N5XRD, wrote, "Has anyone tried the new SGC SG-211 tuner with the
Jupiter ... Or any of the SGC tuner products?? "

I used an older version of this Smartuner with Jupiter and other rigs.
It worked quite well, although it would not load my 40 thru 10 (14AVQ)
vertical on 30-meters.    It did deliver a good impedance match to the
radio throughout 80-meters and all the other bands, though.  Few tuners
can load ANYTHING a ham might connect!  Based on the claimed specs for
SGC's new tuner, It should be a very good bet.  My experience with the
Ten-Tec retrofit tuner was also very good.  73, W1AEL, Allan.