[TenTec] Orion Sweep

Bernard wtrone at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 22:05:18 EST 2004

   Considering how fast the Integrated Circuit technology (speed) moves
(Moore's Law) from year to year, I was wondering why TenTec just doesn't go
to a faster set of processors?  I went to the ADI website last weekend to
see what they had, and their signal processors come in all "flavors"
(speeds).  Since I don't have my new Orion just yet, I don't know what
"flavor" is used in the Orion.

    I would think that all the code would be compatible, but I could be
wrong.  I bought a new Dell 2.8 GHz computer last month and all my "old"
programs work on it.  They sure run a lot faster!

    If the sweep issue is really a processor speed problem, I think that
there could be a relatively simple fix for it.  Of course, something else
could be causing the problem.

    Just one man's opinion.

        73

        Bernard, WA4OEJ