[TenTec] eHam charging for Subscription

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at fyi.net
Fri Mar 12 15:39:01 EST 2004

eHam and QSL.NET have been crying "wolf!," er, "donations!" for several
years now.  Both have made... well if not threats, then suggestions that
services might be cut back or terminated if the funding never came through.

Maybe eHam isn't bluffing anymore.  However, I know of one case (and there
may be more) where the eHam management chased away an Amateur Radio
advertiser in a billing dispute; while I can not go into details at this
time, suffice to say that the eHam mgmt's decision to post a negative
"product review" ad of this advertiser solely on the grounds of an alleged
overdue bill had a lot to do with it.  A lot.

However, keep this in mind:  as much as I like the site and will miss it, we
will survive should it's demise occur.  (The QRZ! site duplicates many of
the functions of the eHam site, for example, and there are others that do,
can, or could).

73, ron wn3vaw

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them
(From "The Top 17 Bumper Stickers You Would Like To See")