[TenTec] 80M LOOP

Sinisa Hristov shristov at ptt.yu
Sun Mar 14 13:13:51 EST 2004

Paul DeWitte K9OT wrote:

> My loop ALWAYS was at least 1 S unit stronger on both TX and RCV. The Loop
> was fed with open wire and run through a Johnson Match box and the inverted
> V fed with coax.

There is only one explanation for a loop (or anything else)
outperforming a dipole (or anything else) in ALL directions:
your dipole is wasting at least 75 % of RF energy.

Instead of claiming that "loop is always better",
it would be wiser to eliminate the loss.
And it is certainly not caused by the length of the wire,
or the shape of it.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VA3TTN