[TenTec] 80 meter loops

W9efl at aol.com W9efl at aol.com
Mon Mar 15 10:26:18 EST 2004

Hello Paul!!!! Regarding 80m loops. I have two orthoganal 80m loops and an
inv V for 80m. I was told by several DXr's that I needed an inv V  and that it
would outperform the loops. The V hasn't been up very long but so far the loops
blow the sox off the inv V.
Admittaly the loops are up high.......top at 185ft and the V is at about
70ft. So there is a significant difference. This spring I'm going to raise the V
up to about 90 ft and compare. I like to investigate the launch angles also of
the loop vs the inv V. I'm open to any suggestions!!!!!!!  73 W9EFL NOEL