[TenTec] RE: [Orion] Raspy Receive CW Note Problem Solved

Richard Detweiler rdetweil at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 08:58:24 EST 2004

Joe,

Glad you got your Orion,  I think you'll come to really love it.  It's the
best thing going today for RX performance.

The problem you found seems to be a common problem many of us are seeing.

When this happens, if you can,  try to record all you can and send it into
ditnbits.  It may not be all that practical, but we all try.

It may or may not be a microcode problem,  don't have an answer to that yet.

I'm seeing a couple of different symptoms,

1) the RX just gets poor,  signal is there but weak and distorted.,  No
display changes all controlls seem to work,  I just master reset and go on.

2) The RX Stops No Signal,  static though, and TX stops,  there is the
lettering "DSP T/O 0" next to the send 2 key on the screen.  Again, master
reset, and back on the air.

These happen at inopportune times,  I've tried to keep the sweep off as it
reduces the number of occurances.  Yet I've had it happen even with the
sweep off.  It may be related to the PC polling the rig.

73's
Rich
K5SF