[TenTec] wanting to upgrade

John brazos at rochester.rr.com
Fri Mar 26 15:36:07 EST 2004

I have a Jupiter and love it , however I have been thinking about upgrading to a Orion or a icom pro II .  I like some of the features on the Icom and the lower price and I like the Orion  but the price and some of the negative things on the list have me waiting awhile for a more mature radio .  I spent some time listing to some one today on 17 meters who has a Icom pro II and all I heard him say was how the audio on the RX was raspy just like the icom 746 .  Now I traded my Icom  746 for the Jupiter for one of those reasons I like to listen to good audio and the 746 just couldn't pass muster no matter what I did .  I am very happy with the trade, my Jupiter has  much better audio compared to the 746.  So round and round I go again thinking that Orion is really the answer .  guess I have to wait a little longer to afford the Orion .  Just wanted to add my thoughts for anyone who might be on the fence as I about buying a Orion.     thanks    John   kb2huk