[TenTec] OT: Radios? Why are they Radios? (Was Radio debate)

Rick Westerman Rick at dj0ip.de
Tue Mar 30 06:47:24 EST 2004

Car instead of horseless carriage?

Some things never change, but most things do.

You guys are burning brain cycles over trivialities.

Hey, back then one was highly respected as a ham.
(S)he performed public service.
Neighbors helped us put up our antennas.
Today, a ham attacks the public's health with RF smog.
(S)he puts up ugly antennas which destroy the environment.
Here in Germany, operating a ham radio (same as for cell phones)
from a mobile (vehicle) is punishable by law (a steep fine, plus
points against your license) unless you have "hands free" (OK,
VOX) or stop and park first.

Gentlemen, these are the important things which have changed and
the issues we need to start spending our brain cycles on!

(Just my 2 cents worth).

73
Rick