[TenTec] OT: Radios? Why are they Radios? (Was Radio debate)

James Duffer dufferjames at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 06:39:52 EST 2004

Sorry Rob, Truckers have the rigs.  Hams have receivers, transceivers,
transmitters etc.

Times change.  However, if you listen to the cw contacts you will hear the
term rig mentioned still today, and on some QSL cards it is still a term
that is frequently used.....do you qsl?  If you do are you going to use the
term "rig"?  QSL used to be pretty much of the norm....wallpaper, maybe the
price of postage and cards or whatever makes that less likely to happen. 73,
Jim, wd4air