[RE: [TenTec] Come see us at Dayton ]

Michael Goins mgoins at usa.net
Tue May 4 18:17:41 EDT 2004

Agreed, but I don't find the K2 an easy rig to use, especially mobile. Best
rig I ever used mobile was the Kenwood 130. The 140 was too big, but the 130
had the WARC bands and was very intuitive. Extremely easy to us while not
looking at the rig, and I used them for a lot of mobile miles, working DXCC a
couple of times and maiking an awful lot of stateside contacts.

My Scout is nearly as easy, but has the hassle of the band swiching via the
modules which makes a band change to "see what's going on" difficult unless
stopped.

mike
k5wmg

Bob Stephens <bstephens1 at mindspring.com> wrote:

I'd like a factory built rig as good or better than a 100 watt K2. Maybe a
bit bigger with better filters. If anyone can build that, it would be Ten
Tec.

73
Bob KB1CIW

At 03:38 PM 5/4/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>Scott, if you are still searching for ideas on new equipment, please build
>us a good portable/mobile rig with:
>
>- the size of the old Argosy (and just as rugged)
>- Ham bands only
>- performance at least as good as the Omni VI+
>- No built-in tuner (due to size) but perhaps a matching tuner which may
>also be located remotely
>- I only need SSB and CW but mabye others will want AM or FM
>- Roofing filters @ 3 kHz and 600 Hz.
>
>Now don't hit me for this, but please include:
>
>- PTT CW ;-)) (seriously)
>
>73
>Rick

---