[TenTec] How Much Damage From Reversed Polarity?

Bert Braun, DD5XL maschinist at gmx.de
Sun May 9 08:24:18 EDT 2004

doc schrieb:

> There is no visible damage to anything that I can
> see on the little circuit board to which the power
> connector is soldered.  No smell of something
> burned either.
>
> I am looking at the schematic 4-32 in the Op Manual.
>
> Any suggestions as to which device(s) is(are) most
> likely to have failed, please?

Check the D2 16V zener diode.
If its shorted, the relay will never close. D2 and Q2 act as overvoltage
protection, a shorted diode will cause a overvoltage protection even
when the supply voltage is in range.
If you are sure providing the right voltage, you may simply cut off the
diode. If it was faulty, the TRX will work as usually without the diode,
but overvoltage protection is disabled, so be careful with your power
supplies!

73 de Bert

73 de Bert