[TenTec] New $10K Yaesu HF

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sat May 15 09:34:27 EDT 2004

Hi Bernard,

 >The Icom and Yaesu rigs might provide the opportunity/ motivation
for TenTec to offer a color display for the Orion.  I don't "need" one, but
I sure would "like" one on my Orion.

         If I really wanted color, I would definitely consider N4PY's
software for $80 plus $35 per year.  I suspect Carl could even be
"leaned upon" to do some neat things with color in the spectrum
display.  I don't know how much a color display would add but
I doubt it would be worth much additional in cost to me except for
the spectrum display, which I seldom use.

http://www.ralabs.com/n4py/orionscn.gif (click expand)

                                 73,  Bill W4ZV