[TenTec] RX-340 *basic* software?

Eric F. Richards efricha at dimensional.com
Sat May 15 19:00:35 EDT 2004

At 11:29 AM 5/15/2004 -0500, Jim Brown wrote:
>On Sat, 15 May 2004 10:14:37 -0600, Eric F. Richards wrote:
>
> > is there
> >some freeware or cheapware software available for the RX-340?  The only
> >functionality I need is to upload/download the memories
>
>If your needs are that simple, why not write it yourself? I'd be surprised
>if Ten Tec
>doesn't (or won't) provide sufficient documentation for you to do that..

They do.  But I don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone else has done
so.  I write software for a living (not Windows software) and don't want
to do it on my own time if I can avoid it.  I'm also in financial
distress -- have sold off most of my ham gear -- so Carl's software is
really an extravagance I can't afford.

>You might also look at Ham Radio Deluxe, which is a VERY nice freeware
>package
>that controls a lot of radios, including most Ten Tec models. I don't
>recall if the 340 is
>one of them, but a visit to their website would tell you.  Do a google
>search to find
>them.

I have that software but it only supports the Argonaut and Jupiter.