[TenTec] Orion V1.370

Taylor Davidson n4td at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 19 21:52:45 EDT 2004

After only 10 minutes of use I have already encountered 3 bugs in V1.370.

1.  The SWEEP hung up once and I had to power off and on to get it going.

2.  The serial port seems to have a responsiveness  problem.  My automatic
antenna switch controller that worked flawlessly with V1.369 now hiccups
using V1.370.

3.  The A>B and B>A buttons transfers the frequency and mode to the other
VFO, unless the transfer from mode is set to USB.  All other modes will
transfer between VFO's except USB.  Someone else try this and see if you get
the same results.

For my purposes, more seems to be broken by 1.370 than is fixed.  Ten-Tec
has yet to address ANY of the problems or feature concerns on my list.  I
think I will reload 1.369.

73 to all, Taylor, N4TD