[TenTec] Orion Notes, High/Low Cut

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Fri May 21 08:11:39 EDT 2004

I don't usually use the Hi/Lo cut control on the Orion, preferring the
BW/PBT alternative but I tried the manoevre Jack, W4TJE suggested and
find mine behaves the same way his does.

I am not certain but what I think is happening is this:

When the Hi/Lo cut knob is rotated the displayed b/w changes as does the
depiction of roofing filter b/w.  However, only the roofing filter
selection changes and while the displayed DSP b/w changes it seems the
actual DSP b/w doesn't.  That is.....until the Hi/Lo cut control is
depressed for a second or two, whereupon the actual DSP b/w changes to
the displayed b/w.  Rather odd and  I don't know why it is this way.  I
suspect it probably shouldn't be.

The PBT/BW control behaves differently. Changes to the displayed b/w are
immediately reflected in changes in actual DSP b/w and where
appropriate, roofing filter selection.  Depressing the PBT/BW control
for a second or two resets PBT to zero.

Seems like this might be something for Ten Tec to look into.

73  Bob, 5B4AGN