[TenTec] Orion Issues

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Sun May 23 23:57:07 EDT 2004

<<<Chill out dude. This is what reflectors are for. When I want nothing but
good news, I read QST reviews.>>>

Steve, it is my painful duty to inform you that your continued membership in
the Ten Tec Fan Club is in question.  In asking too many reasonable
questions, and pointing out too many genuine problems with the Orion, you
are disturbing the Karma of the True Believers.  You are going to be put on
probation and downgraded to the status of average Ten Tec customer.

However, you will be given one chance to receive enlightenment.  At 2 AM,
frogmen will arrive at your QTH to zip-bag you, and take you to
re-education, er, Happy Kamp, where you will receive instruction.  If all
goes well, you will forget about Orion's subreceiver, transmitter, and data
processing and respond as follows to all questions and comments:

"Narrow roofing filter"
"30 day return policy"
"Go Ten Tec"
"I guess I don't need that function after all"
"Master reset.  Then do it again.  Keep doing it."
"Best rig in the world"
"I love my KIA"  Ooops, wrong camp.

No, you can't have an Omni VI.  Backsliding is NOT allowed.  Just keep
thinking pleasant thoughts...repeat after me....Semi-QSK is okay...Semi-QSK
is okay....

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ

Note to humor challenged:  Send flames to dev. null.