[TenTec] Best Radio for a Scout Camp?

Ynkedragon at aol.com Ynkedragon at aol.com
Mon May 24 11:24:49 EDT 2004

In a message dated 05/23/2004 17:33:39 Eastern Daylight Time,
ad9t_tentec at burnshome.org writes:

<< The Ten-Tec Jupiter seems like an excellent possibility for the scout
 station. I have never used one, but it appears to meet all our needs.  >>

In this era of technically sophisticated kids who are internet savvy I think
a more modern radio (like the Jupiter), one which utilizes microprocessor
control features, is a good choice.  Lets not sell Amateur Radio as an activity of
the 1960's and 70's by using gear from that era.

The Scout, which some have suggested, might be a better choice for true
"field operations" such as canoe camping, but I'm assuming that the radio will be
set up in a "base camp" environment.

73,  Blair k3yd