[SteppIR] RE: [TenTec] SteppIR Ten Tec Orion interface

george.skoubis at verizon.net george.skoubis at verizon.net
Mon May 24 09:54:28 EDT 2004

Carl,

  The SteppIR just listens to the signals on the com port (Pin 2 and Pin 5) I'm pretty sure they're TXD and Ground from the Orion, but I'm not at home so I can't look it up.

  Since the SteppIR doesn't transmit any commands to the rig it has to wait for a signal letting it know the frequency. That's why the SteppIR won't follow the frequency of the rig when using software that doesn't poll the rig.

73 de George / KF9YR