[TenTec] Help please , Orion with Alpha 91B

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Mon May 24 15:57:54 EDT 2004

Pete

I'm flumoxed by your comment on the 87A.  The 87A is as fast a QSK amp
as I've ever seen.  It's awful with Ten Tec loop keying, because it
switches too fast for it.  My 87A with my Orion is good to better than
100wpm, not that I send that fast.  When loop keyed it clips the
tail-end of character elements and is awful even at 18wpm.  Doesn't the
Titan still use a vacuum relay, which is why it needs loop keying in the
first place.

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F