[TenTec] QSK with QSK-5PC

Steve N4LQ n4lq at iglou.com
Mon Nov 8 20:53:38 EST 2004

Al. Whatever you do, call MFJ before you hook that thing up. I didn't  and
blew diodes out of a rig. My QSK was external which made it even more
complicated.
I can tell you this....The previous owner of my 6+ bypassed the amp relay in
the rig and used the txd voltage to drive a little transistor which feeds
directly to the amp relay jack. This seems to provide excellent keying for
my Icom PW-1 with no sign of hot switching.
Steve N4LQ