[TenTec] Hi power Ten Tec ant tuner swr drift?

Steve N4LQ n4lq at iglou.com
Sun Nov 14 14:02:23 EST 2004

Mike.
I started to reply with a barage of antenna information and caught myself
before I went off the deep end. Just let me conclude that:
1. That vertical is not balanced so forget about baluns. (Your feedline
doesn't make the antenna balanced!)

2. It's too short for anything below 30 meters. (electrically)

3. You will burn up your tuner if you persist.
4. You are wasting huge amounts of RF in that system.
Suggestion:
Use whatever is holding up that vertical to support an inverted vee which is
at least 100ft long and feed it with your 450 ohm line and tuner.
Or.  If you must have a short vertical, go buy one.

Steve N4LQ