[TenTec] Hi power Ten Tec ant tuner swr drift?

denton denton at oregontrail.net
Sun Nov 14 14:22:29 EST 2004

What I was originally trying to determine is why the older tuner would have
swr drift while the new one didn't.
I feed the base of the verticle with a 2:1 balun running in reverse...then
to 450 ohm twin lead to a 1:1 remote balun on the otherside of the wall of
the hamshack. titanex has a 32 ft verticle they feed the same way...
I don't really intend to use the 22 ft verticle to xmit on 80 meters...I
have an 80 meter drouping doublet I use for that purpose...
I do intend to use the verticle on 40 thru 10 meters. It is currently has an
elevated feedpoint of 18 feet with 4 22' radials. With the whole system
elevated, I am trying to avoid running the verticle ground mounted, thus not
have to bury some 30 to 50 radials and the inherent ground losses.
I have used this particular antenna as a 16 ft verticle with 16 ft radials
to some degree of success on 20 thru 10 meters.