[TenTec] IP3 controversy

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Thu Nov 25 09:28:15 EST 2004

Rick,

I think you did answer the question correctly when you said:

"Altogether, this is what has led me to the point that I take all
measured
 numbers with a grain of salt and prefer to try all the rigs,
comparing them
 to several other rigs that I know well - under all kinds of adverse
 conditions.  Then I have a feeling about the performance of the
rig."

That sum's it up much better than relying on test data from really
unknown sources. The spec's help sell radios, but it's actually
trying the radios under conditions as you describe that really tell
you how well a receiver is designed and how well it's going to
operate under your own operating conditions.

Great IP specs don't necessiarily make a great radio, it's a
combination of the design goals and implementation of that complete
receiver design that makes a great radio receiver.

Tom - W4BQF