[TenTec] Jupiter display noise?

Bill Fulling w4njf at email.midflorida.com
Thu Nov 25 08:42:38 EST 2004

Howdy,
Recently my 3 yr old Jupe has developed an annoying rapid motorboating
noise in the background audio.This noise starts at 18mhz and seems to
peak at 21.357mhz.At first I thought it was external to the set,but it
occurs in dummy load also.Depressing the menu button eliminates it
completly and it can be made to occur while in menu by moving the tuning
knob to highlite the menu items.The speed of this noise varies directly
with knob speed.Returning to normal operation reinitiates the noise(sort
of like "running rabbits"on a radar screen.)Anybody have any ideas
what's causing this?
73 de Bill W4NJF