[TenTec] Re: IP vs.DR

Lawrence Stoskopf stoskopf at tri.net
Thu Nov 25 11:42:58 EST 2004

Chadwick (sp?) had a good writeup on this in RadCom and maybe even in one of
the ARRL pubs.  Something like "How much DR do we need".  Really covered it
from the Eu situation.  As I recall, the new rigs are close.

As for monitoring the RF output quality, some of the old guys, in the 50s
when I got my Novice,  were simply putting an RF sample from the line
directly to the vertical deflection plates of their scopes.  Solved the
problem of limited bandwidth amplifiers in the scopes.  As I recall, those
were hacked (that term hadn't been used yet I suspect) from surplus military
radar equipment or such.

N0UU