[TenTec] Re: IP vs.DR

NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Thu Nov 25 20:16:01 EST 2004

Lawrence,

Can you be more specific on "in RadCom" please.
After all, it is a magazine that is published every month.
I even subscribe to it but I only keep back issues for about 2 years.
Tnx

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Lawrence Stoskopf
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2004 8:43 AM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: IP vs.DR

Chadwick (sp?) had a good writeup on this in RadCom and maybe even in one of

the ARRL pubs.  Something like "How much DR do we need".  Really covered it
from the Eu situation.  As I recall, the new rigs are close.

As for monitoring the RF output quality, some of the old guys, in the 50s
when I got my Novice,  were simply putting an RF sample from the line
directly to the vertical deflection plates of their scopes.  Solved the
problem of limited bandwidth amplifiers in the scopes.  As I recall, those
were hacked (that term hadn't been used yet I suspect) from surplus military

radar equipment or such.

N0UU