[TenTec] scratch pad feature in Omni VI

Peter Inskeep pinskeep at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 14:08:28 EST 2004

The Omni VI + keypad stores two frequency sets.  Ie., press the "20"
meter button once and the first 20 meter frequency is displayed.  Press
it again, and the second frequency is displayed.

Press it the first time on the DX frequency.  Press it again to move to
find and set up your CQ calling frequency.  Press it again to move back
to the DX frequency. Press it again to move back to the CQ calling
frequency.

The scratch pad can be used in conjunction with both set frequencies.
Ie., set the vfo to the DX frequency.  Put that in the scratch pad by
pressing VFO>M for one second.  My annunciator sends a "K". Press the
20 meter button again.  Press the scratch pad recall M>VFO.  Now both
registers contain the DX frequency.  Use the VFO to go where you want,
and press the "20" button again to get back to the DX frequency.

After reading the above, I am not sure of what I said, but it works.
73's,
NO2D.