[TenTec] Omni V Display Dims.

OTAKEBI at aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 23:48:34 EST 2004

The Display on Omni V is bright when I first turn it on but dims after a few
minutes.
The radio works fine but for the display.
At times it turns bright again and back to dim.
Seems to be no reason for the change in intensity.
I have had success in the past with this type of problem by cleaning
connections.
So, I have cleaned all connectors going to the display but problem won't go
away.
Does not seem to be a problem with a bad connector.
If I turn rig off for a few seconds display comes back on bright.
Has anyone in Ten Tec land had this problem and how did you fix.
Thanks in advance,
Dan/N4VET