[TenTec] trouble shooting OMNI SIX<<<URGENT>>>

Chuck (Jack) Hawley c-hawley at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 25 23:01:32 EDT 2004

He just copied the email to us and actually sent it to TenTec service I
notice...
But, also I want to say that I have had an SWR board problem and had to
replace an op amp on the 9 MHz board as well. I figure that I had had an
atmospheric charge on the antenna at some time and caused the problems. The
SWR was off value (don't remember the details) and I think the power out
meter went full scale or something when it was broken. Also the current
limit trip was affected. The actual power out was fine though.
I also second the suggestion that you isolate the SWR issue with a good
dummy load and perhaps another meter.
Chuck, KE9UW

---