[TenTec] Jupiter vs other rigs in same price range

Charles Greene W1CG at QSL.NET
Sat Sep 4 19:48:59 EDT 2004

Jim,

Tnx for the input.  Some comments on your comments.  On CW, some of us
locally who have K2/100s have difficulty in seeing any improvement in
operation by using DSP on CW, other than the improved filters.  On phone, I
used to agree with you on an under driven audio transmit system until I got
the Heil desk, DM2, I believe.  Night and day difference.  On the receive
SSB filters, I use a flat xtal filter and then use a digital filters with
HP, LP and both for narrow.  However, I miss the PBT and notch filters I
have on my Omni-VI.  We used to have a lot of problems with an older ICOM
on 15 and 10 when one rig was transmitting on PSK31 on 20 meters.  One of
us made an RF, "notch filter" consisting of a series tuned high Q "trap"
tuned to 20 meters and put it across the antenna terminals of the older
ICOM.  Did the trick.  No such problems when using the K2, as you point out.