[TenTec] Tired of Orion

Steve Weber kd9bo at mac.com
Wed Sep 8 12:27:05 EDT 2004

Eric - Have you contacted the TenTec factory directly about the
problems you have had?  If so, what was their response?  My
experience with Tentec service has been excellent and I am surprised
to hear that your problem has not been corrected.

Perhaps Scott will see this on the list and respond.

Good Luck, Steve KD9BO

>I just wonder what I have to do to have an Orion working at home... It's
>quite simple no ? I just wanted a working rig, no more, no less. I don't
>care about the bucks, it means anything to me, I just want to complete my
>DXCC chart, I'm not asking about winning an island in the south pacific.
>
>I would like to be the guy who says "waoooouw, what an incredible
>transceiver, the best I have ever had in my shack", but I'm sorry, at the
>moment, I can't, this would be a lie.
>
>The dealer is very responsive (except when I asked for a replacement) but I
>can't have the problems fixed by software means. Now, the radio is in the
>box, I've lost too much time trying to put out something of this radio. The
>dealer received some MPEG videos I took with my digital camera about the
>stupid things I have just operating my Orion. It's a shame that I can't post
>any videos here because I'm pretty sure you all, will stop treating me as a
>roasted chicken and says : "Oh God, this  guy is really unlucky !".
>
>Best 73's to all.
>
>PS : If it's possible to buy the Orion Scott is using during his DVD demo, I
>will be that customer, for sure ! Just kidding.
>
>Eric, ON6CV.

Steve Weber

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However
a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

*******************************

Hey spammers - Harvesting email addresses? Don't overlook these guys!

FCC Chairman Michael K. Powell: mpowell at fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kathleen Q. Abernathy: kabernat at fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Michael J. Copps: mcopps at fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kevin J. Martin: kjmweb at fcc.gov