[TenTec] Orion reflector discussions and others

Ron Pfeiffer n1zsw at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 15:03:13 EDT 2004

I have been reading this reflector for several years and have observed the
same behavior three
times now.  When the Jupiter was first released there was an avalanche of
discontent wrought
upon this reflector.  In time it died down and the Jupiter became a stable
product.  Then the
ARGO V was released and out of the wood work came the problem tellers and
that too died down.
Now we have the Orion and the same thing is happening.  In time it will die
too.

My point is: has everyone who voiced a problem already contacted Ten Tec and
exhausted their support?  I ask this because I had a long talk with the
gentleman at Ten Tec
at the New England Boxborough show.  They all emphasized that they will make
every radio they
sell work  "period".  But you have to contact them.

This forum is a place to go when Ten Tec has failed us and we seek other
amateurs creative
investigations.  The Orion, etc are not kits they are assembled products
that should work and
we should demand Ten Tec stand behind them.  They do a MUCH better job that
the other
big three!

If 20 people complain about the same problem on this reflector but only one
contacts Ten
Tec do you think that Ten Tec thinks there is a problem?  Thank goodness
that Ten Tec is
proactive company that reads this reflector and uses the information.

It is unfair to Ten Tec to slam their new products in this medium before
they are given a chance
to "make right" your issues.  Look what happened to the DELTA!

If you want to rebuttal please send direct to n1zsw at hotmail.com and avoid
clogging the
reflector.

rOn