[TenTec] re: Orion manual

Kc9cdt at aol.com Kc9cdt at aol.com
Thu Sep 9 10:36:22 EDT 2004

Manual??
Before I ordered my Orion, I read the on-line manual. The radio showed up. I
use it everyday, very efffectively I might add. Have not looked at or needed
to look at the manual every since day one when I wired up my Heil mike EXACTLY
like the manual tells you.

The Orion is super easy to use. Yes, the AGC settings etc are a learning
curve, but not difficult at all. We have had LOTS of great help here to address
optimizing use of the Orion (Since some of this is personal preference, no
manual can give all the ino)

I have had not one problem with Orion and it is ten times easier to operate
then the other radios (JAP) that I have owned. And I don't have to deal with
all of those little bitty buttons either.

Yes, I do think a high quality manual should be available ON-LINE (after all
this baby changes regularly) and honestly I have not looked at the on-line
manual in almost a year as I don't need it!. I just turn it on and...operate.

Oh by the way... my experience has been excellant with communication to TT.
The phone works better than e-mail, and even if you need to talk to Jack
Burchfield (The president, of course) just ask for him. If he is in he will come on
the phone and help you out!

73,
Lee