[TenTec] Corsair vs. Peg receivers?

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Thu Sep 16 00:11:44 EDT 2004

I have an Omni VI Plus primary and a Corsair II with external VFO (original owner of both) as my back up rig. The Corsair II has possibly the best receiver TT ever built... its all analog RF, no PLL or synthesized freqs for the mixers... its very clean and sensitive. And with the external VFO, the Corsair II can do something that no new rig can do for the same money; DUAL RECEIVE!

At some point in time the Omni VI Plus may be replaced by an Orion or whatever comes next but the Corsair II and VFO will stay... you can't work'em if you can't hear'em and my Corsair II takes credit for putting most of 334 DXCC cards on the wall.

Best regards,
Gary - AB9M
CSM(r)G.L.Huber
glhuber at msn.com<mailto:glhuber at msn.com>