[TenTec] rcvr/no audio

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Mon Sep 20 21:39:30 EDT 2004

Toby,

I certainly agree with you that probably 75% of the problems encountered are
the result of users not reading and understanding the manual.

However Toby, when I paid the price for the Orion, I did not get a 25%
discount for the remainder of the problems that are mostly firmware related.
Paying the full price for a radio marketed to be a 'contest ready' radio,
one certainly should expect to get a 'contest ready' radio. I have had my
Orion for 18 months and while I maybe not being as technically astute as
some hams, this radio is close, but it's not 'there' yet. Fortunately after
18 months, firmware upgrades are getting better.

Tom - W4BQF