[TenTec] Paragon behavior

Phil Chambley k4dpk at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 11:46:10 EDT 2004

Some of the early companion power supplies for the Paragon had the
computer-grade filter caps mounted with the screws through the pc board
rather than having leads up to the terminals.  The screws would loosen over
time (probably due to transformer vibe) and begin arcing between the screws
and the pc board.  This would drive the processor nuts, and the first one I
repaired was very difficult to diagnose.

Phil K4DPK
VFO Stabilizers, PEP Adapters for Wattmeters ... see
http://home.comcast.net/~k4dpk