[TenTec] real CW ops

DaveHeller k3tx at fast.net
Sat Apr 9 11:45:36 EDT 2005

100% agree.  The keyboard-sending is bad enough.  Dave, K3TX    *****On
an entirely different topic I'd like input on a current project here.
Our local township, Falls, in Bucks Co, PA (across the Delaware from
Trenton NJ, has just purchased a Winnebago set up as a mobile
(obviously) command post for emergency work.  I had planned to approach
those in charge about an Am Radio provision therein but the chief beat
me to it, asking if we (local club, Penn Wireless) could "assist" with
the position.  I've been appointed (by club) as the coordinator;  at the
meeting there was the comment that I'd not be likely to suggest anything
but Ten-Tec;  the answer from me was obvious, for the obvious reasons. .
. .  What we're obviously needing is a reasonably compact set-up with
provisions for phone CW, packet and PSK31. Ease of operator break-in and
dependability are essential.  The less gadgetry the better.  I'm
advising low band + 2/432 coverage.   Any advice and suggestions
welcome.