[TenTec] Airpax circuit breaker for Orion

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Fri Dec 2 01:34:38 EST 2005

The only T-T supply I have is the big 9420.  It has an output for T-T
transceivers and it does NOT use an Airpax breaker for over-current
protection.

Current is sensed at a shunt resistor and at a pre-set threshold an SCR
fires causing a relay to open.

I'm using a non-Ten-Tec power supply with my Orion and adding an Airpax
in-line looks like a good idea.

73,

Rick
VE7TK