[TenTec] [Fwd: [ct-user] CT DOS with Ten-Tec Omni VI]

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Sat Dec 17 18:07:40 EST 2005

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am only using pins 2, 3 & 5 for the RS-232
to the computer. I am also using the appropriate pins for the 301 remote
knob. No other pins on the Omni VI 25 pin D connector are being used for
anything.

Is there somewhere in the Omni VI manual or other Ten-Tec documentation
that explains filter or mode selection through pins other than the TXD
and RXD RS-232 data paths? I have never seen that. I know that there is
band selection data FROM the radio, to control a Hercules II or a 253 tuner.

DE N6KB