[TenTec] TT (Orion) Future improvements!!!

Barry N1EU n1eu at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 07:43:55 EST 2005

--- WF2U <wf2u at starband.net> wrote:
"I know when I'm going to be a new T-T rig buyer -
when and if T-T comes out with a new rig which will
feature the Orion main receiver, leave the inferior
sub receiver out, together with the band scope."

Actually, I feel the same way.  I'll buy a new T-T rig
when TT leaves off the inferior subreceiver . . . and
adds a second main receiver!  No need here for any
form of a band scope either, just two superb
receivers.

What would especially make me buy this new T-T rig,
would be if the dsp processing stage and the last
analog stage were intentionally designed by T-T to be
plug replaceable to accomodate future faster dsp
processing capability and a higher i.f. freq.

In lieu of this, I'll continue to have a blast with my
Orion, as-is  ;-)

73,
Barry N1EU