[TenTec] Paragon PLL Problem Resolved.... anyone install 42 MHz TCXO in their Paragon?

Jerry Volpe kg6tt at tomorrowsweb.com
Sun Jan 2 03:53:30 EST 2005

Well after the easy repairs failed to repair I dug down and worked
through the PLL circuits. That was fun. Anyway what I found was no
varying control voltage the the Minor Loop boards VCO. This led me to a
shorted transistor. Subsitute inserted and all is well.

As I worked through this endeavor I noticed that the Paragon does not
have a temperature controlled oscillator for its master 42 MHz clock. I
also found that I wasn't able to adjust to a full zero beat against WWV.
Anyway before I go looking everywhere for a compatible TCXO was
wondering if anyone has already found one and would like to share the
knowledge. :)

Once again my thanks to all who sent suggestions on the PLL problem.

Jerry, KG6TT