[TenTec] ORION - RF output is not stable

I2DMI i2dmi at contestvolta.it
Sun Jan 2 15:00:39 EST 2005

Martin, Bob,
thank you for the messages.

My idea is a little bit different.
If that were an only software (s-meter) related problem, the current
absorption should be constant.
Sometimes the output power reduces approx 10/8W at the beginning of the
transmission, then when reduced the variation continues about (+ and -) 2/3W
values.
It is more real then apparent because I read all these variation on the
digital display of my antenna tuner (MFJ-993). The RF power-out value
appears like the numbers of a slot machine, with ... some relaxing-stop!
I'll continue testing. My amplifier also doesn't like unstable driving RF !!

I hope this problem is not related to some defective component of my
ORION.(one week old!)

thank you
Frank - I2DMI