[TenTec] RE: [Orion] Orion subreceiver

Barry N1EU n1eu at netscape.net
Wed Jan 5 10:17:16 EST 2005

"n4lq" <n4lq at iglou.com> wrote:

>This may be another opportunity for INRAD. I think their roofing filter
>for the MP is 75mhz.

Yes, and the 4Khz wide filter showed no improvement in the MP's close-in cw performance.  The Omni VI and Orion fitted with the 600hz (9Mhz) roofing filter performs so far above the nearest competition in tight 160M condx that it makes me want to avoid vhf i.f.'s.  (Omni VI performance based on assumption and initial glowing reports from W2VJN).

73,
Barry N1EU

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.